Picture
This is the latest painting that I've been working on, still trying to get citrus fruit to look like it should.  This is oil on canvas and is only 16"x 12".  I started it on Sunday (I think) and have been working on it until today (it's Friday).  The part of the orange peel around the fruit that looks like it is missing will end up being in deep shadow so that's why it looks a bit odd. 

By the way, where are all the hits coming from, I can't understand why I am getting so many or how my site is being found?  Suppose I might have to upgrade to find that out.

Picture
Here's how the same painting was about 2 days in.  I had started to add the under layers, all darker than they needed to be.  I also worked from the top to the bottom.  I have learn't to do this as I have many ruined cuffs of jumpers etc from leaning in wet paint.  A friend made me a mahl stick to use but I usually only remember it after I've finished.

Picture
That looks a mess doesn't it?  This is the VERY start of the painting.  A sketch that is done in very thin raw umber.  I don't usually use pencil or charcoal for the sketches as it moves too much when I start to add the paint.  After this the raw umber background was done, then started with the colours.

If you have time, pop over to my facebook page and say "hello" http://www.facebook.com/pages/Wendy-Cook/106237526094484
 
 
Picture
I have painted a "post it note" on to this painting, why I hear you ask?  It was too boring as it was so I've added a bit of fun.  I have deliberately painted the note on to the painting and not on to the breakfast because I want viewers to think that someone has stuck it on there.  I am looking for something to write on to it too, lots of ideas but I'll surprise you all tomorrow as that's when I hope it will be finished.  I have also painted some oily blobs on it but they are not very visible on the photo because they are so pale.

 
 
Picture
The finished painting, cant say much more really.  There are still only 3 colours in the whole canvas, titanium white, sap green and raw umber.  The only thing that I still have to do is to put a black wash over the background, the reason for that is it's really difficult to match a frame to raw umber.