Picture
I said yesterday that I needed to do more of the monotone layers to create more depth but after looking at it for a while I decided that it didn't need anymore and so I have started to add the colour.  This is just the first layer of red that has been added to three of the balloons.  I have had to leave the fourth one as it is still a little wet in the middle, if I tried to add colour to that it would go a little bit bobbly and they need to stay completely smooth.  I have used permanent alzarin crimson, as it is a transulent colour,  and mixed it with light drying stand oil.  The photo does not show that the balloons are quite glossy.  I will add more colour to it tomorrow when, hopefully, this layer will be dry.

 





Leave a Reply.